• warning: Parameter 1 to tac_lite_node_grants() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.
  • warning: Parameter 2 to gmap_gmap() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.
  • warning: Parameter 1 to tac_lite_node_grants() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.
  • warning: Parameter 1 to tac_lite_node_grants() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.
  • warning: Parameter 1 to tac_lite_node_grants() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.
  • warning: Parameter 1 to tac_lite_node_grants() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.
  • warning: Parameter 1 to tac_lite_node_grants() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.
  • warning: Parameter 1 to tac_lite_node_grants() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/rbezemer/softwarebyrichard.com/includes/module.inc on line 483.

Saga Javascript Coverage Library

In the past to test javascript code I've relied heavily on jasmin and jstestdriver's coverage plugin to give us metrics on how well the code is covered. However I've found once you start getting a substantially large javascript project JSTestDriver starts to fall apart very quickly, and I've been searching for a another tool that can withstand instrumenting and reporting coverage on thousands of jasmine specs and not be a nightmare to configure.

and I think I found one called Saga

While it's still a reletively new project it's really easy to setup and use with jasmine and maven, basically use the jasmine maven plugin to generate a manual test runner file, then pass that file in to the saga maven plugin and everything just seems to work.

 

I did have one test suite fail on some unexpected syntax error that I couldn't track down but for the most part this library worked great and has very nice coverage output. It would be nice if you could organize the coverage output by folder, but so far that the only complaint I have. When I can run my coverage builds of 3000 specs in under 3 minutes, compared to 45 minutes+ with jstestdriver coverage plugin, I'm a very happy man.

Trackback URL for this post:

http://softwarebyrichard.com/trackback/141
Your rating: None Average: 3.2 (138 votes)